About me with many pictures... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2005, 02:51 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Magnepan
Default About me with many pictures...

Hi there fellow members,

i am Florian, 21 yrs old and live in bavaria germany. My primary interest is 2 channel Audio and listening to lots of good music. There are many pictures of different stages in my life and the systems that have followed around with me. I host all the images myself and they are all optimized, so everyone should be fine.

Lets start the story

Age 19.....

These are my very first Maggies the MG.5QR/SE. In the beginning i used a Onkyo Integra TX-SV919THX to drive them with my Denon DVD1500 Player. Later on i bought a used Marantz CD56CD Player and a NADC320 Amplifier. But the NAD kept clipping and thats when i bought a Bell PA power amp and a Kenwood Basic C1 pre amp. After him i bought a Cambridge C500/P500 combination together with a Rega Planet 2000 MKII CDP. That was my first big music system. Here is a picture of it now upstairs.

I also had a Onkyo THX-Ultra 7 speaker set HT which was driven quite a few receivers.
1. Onkyo TX-DS555
2. Onkyo TX-SV919THX
3. Onkyo Integra TX-DS838
4. Marantz SR7200
5. Harman Kardon AVR7000
6. Onkyo Integra TX-DS939
7. Cambridge Audio Azur 540R

Click the image to open in full size.

This picture already showes the next Maggies and some more electronics.

Age 20...

At age 20, i started to focus a lot more on 2 channel than i did with my original HT and was also the year were i sold my HT and computer to finance the new Maggies and electronics.

I bought a new pair of Magnepan MG 1.6QR/SE speakers together with a Pathos Acoustics Classic One. I took my Rega Planet 2000 MKII CD Player with me to the new system. Here is a picture of the stuff.

This shows the MG 1.6QR/SE and me

The beauty next is my beloved Pathos, which looks a lot better in real life than on the picture.

Age 21......

This was quite a stable setup for a while and i enjoyed it very much. Shortly before i flew to the US in order to help a friend, i bought a pair of Magnepan MG3.6R/SE's which can be seen in the picture below. Unfortunatly i only got to hear them 2 weeks before i went away for about 1/2 year.

Once i arived in the US it became clear that i needed a mucis system to keep me sane since i was bored out of my behind. I asked my parents to loan me 5K and take the system downstairs as a guarantee. I looked around an started my new system in the US.

I bought the following electronics.

1. Krell KSA-150
2. Magnepan MG 3.6R
3. Jolida JD3000b
4. Audio Analouge Paganini MKII
5. Monster 1000 and 600 cables ( i know i know)

The pieces looked like this in the family room of the place i was staying at.

Since the room had a double story ceeling and many openings i was unable to get these non-se Maggies to sound good. The SE and non SE differ in the x-overs, build quality and matched parts.

I was forced to sell my beloved Maggies and look for alternatives. I thought since it was a dipol the too many reflective surfaces played games with my image. I looked at several different speakers and settled with the VMPS RM30's which are shown in this picture.

The RM30's are a great speaker, but in my opinion lacks image height and fails to integrate perfectly. Nonetheless for the price its an exeptional speaker and serves my parents well. (more on that later)

Strangeley my friend stabed me in the back and kicked me out which ment a huge change in my life again. I organized the transport back to germany, and the myself as well.

Back home, i chose to keep my Magnepan MG 3.6R/Special Edition together with the AA Paganini, Krell, Jolida and Audioquest cables. I changed my room a lot, and it looks very very good and sounds absolutly wonderfull. I do not have a digital camera here at the moment, but will post pictures of my system soon.

I bought my stepdad a Rega Planar 2 Vinyl player for x-mas which he now uses together with the RM30's, Pathos Acoustics Classic One, Rega Planet 200 MKII and a Rega Phono Stage.

This is my story, and i hope that someone read it and found it interesting.

-Florian
Old 30th March 2005, 04:28 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Florian,

Yes, I found your story interesting. Welcome to the board. Do you make anything audio?

Cal

Hide this!Advertise here!