Workshops for tube audio gear - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th January 2005, 02:54 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Workshops for tube audio gear

This is George Rigney of www.artsrestoration.com. I recently was asked by someone if I would teach a class/workshop about mike preamps. I have worked on tube gear from the 1920's on up. I have notes and pictures of a mike preamp with 1930's five-pin tubes I built. It uses a 39/44, a 37 and a 76 output triode.

There are a lot of great older tubes out there that will work for various audio projects and are cheap.

I also have transformerless circuits. If you look on the site, you can see some of the work I have done. also have built from scratch class-A triode and pentode amps, line amps etc.

I am in Vista, the San Diego area. I have a apartment and a place in Sandiego and LA where I could hold classes.

Any interest in this let me know. There was a swap meet in Orange County. I had the thought of having monthly meetings for tube or solid-state audio DIYers that want to talk.
Old 27th January 2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Belated welcome to the forum.

I can see you already have quite a few posts under your belt, so by all means, keep going.
Old 29th January 2005, 05:06 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Workshops et. all

I just sold some vintage Jensens mic transformers to someone for some API amp cards. I got the idea that an EF40 would work great in front of the Class-A API amp. I really like the metal tubes like 6sj7 and 6j5. But I favor the early 5-Pin tubes for sonics.

There are a number of pentodes that match EF86 in spec that are chep and unused..

At least we have internet workshops.

Hide this!Advertise here!