Brooklyn music lover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, i am a music lover like the rest of you. I have been involved with audio for over 25 years. Took a break for 14 years to get married an raise a family. Now they are old enough to be arround hot Tubes and vintage ESL i'm back. I am looking or trying to recapture the magic i had with a QUAD ESL & a Marantz 8. Like everbody else i have been seducted by magic of SET. Even more the idea of being able to make your own. Well i have a couple of pieces nothing with any real synegy. A pair of QUAD 57 that need mending, a pair Health UA-1 and a pair of Angela we91 clone with a 310a front end. looking forward to creating two systems, one with QUAD (and a good amp). And another with a "properly tweaked" we91 and hi eff full range drivers.

Well i am hoping to learn something about electronic and rest of my hobby.

There are so many people with the same story (I'm one). Former audio nuts who drifted back into it. In my case, I miss my old ESL-57s with a deep nostalgia, but like my ex-wife, I do remember now and then why the operative word is "ex." Glad you still have yours (the Quads, that is); you'll have a blast restoring them to health.

So what are you using now? You know to cure your "deep nostalgia"? I have been searching for the next step. A speaker with with the imaging, midrange quality and the micro dynamics of the QUADs but with effeiency! Thought about the Lowthers and going the vintage Altec route. Both have limits (WAF & setup). I saw something on this BBS about the Fertin Open Baffle. Have you heard or seen any thing about this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.