Hello from SOUTH AFRICA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi My name is Carel Hauptfleisch

I am a digital electronic design engineer, mostly busy with things like AVR micro's, LCD modules, memories and mp3 decoders to name a few.

I work for my own company, called Polygon Technologies.
We have a web page up at www.pteq.net. Go have a look around.

We are based in Cape Town, South Africa. and it is REALLY hot here at present. I am talking 30-35°C EVERY SINGLE DAY:hot:

I am busy with a couple of audio projects, and I am in serious need of some help from you audio guys. :bawling:

:att'n: Is anyone listening, can i fire away my questions at the host of clever people here? :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

regards
Carel

Welcome Carel

Welcome from another South African, located in UK but very much a Braai Boykie at heart and an ex-RAUkie to boot. So I guess I'm what they call a Soutie.

Your national flag isn't showing up as South African, its showing as something from the Antipodes; you can go change it under your user options panel.

What's your particular area of interest in audio?

Cheers

John

Hi guys.

I have been trying to change the flag thingy, but could not find the place. will try again. and Iam definetely not from Oz or any place like that mate..
And I am more of the dutchman south african variety. I have a couple of soutie friends though. They are not too bad once you teach them to say things like "aag nee k@k man"

Regarding digital crossovers. hmm at the risk of sounding really stupid I am not too sure exactly what you mean by that. you mean sampling the audio and applying digital filters, and generating 2 or 3 or more outputs for different frequency ranges? - Well I guess if I had to I could figure it out, but I don't have to, and I have never done anything like that..

Regarding what I needed help with, I had to modify an existing mosfet PA design to have proper VI-limiting features. This was some time ago, and although I did figure out how it works, the requirement has gone away, so I never did it.

regards
cArel

Carel's national flag

Howzit Karel

Don't be a slap riem, man; people will think South Africans give up too easily!. On the top of the page there's a button called user c.p. Press this then select the tab for Edit Profile and go change the flag in the dropdown under 'Select Country'.

You'll see I've temporarily changed mine to the SA flag to prove to you that it can be done. I'll leave it that way until you fix yours.

Totsiens

John

I did it!!!! :bigeyes:

It is amazing how us (myself) technogeeks are sometimes so mooi en slim at designing cool stuff but when it comes to working a fax machine or changing the flag thingy we (I) just go blank..
:smash:

Anyways, my pozzie is in Cape Town too, but I am not really an audio guy, much less can I be considered and audiophile. I am more of a digital "donner" than an audio professor. I am up for whatever braai or get-together you guys may plan.. As long as there is a proper fire and you guys don't get too gesuip, I will be happy to attend and bring my beautiful wife along too.

Shaun: On the subject of Marcelle van de Gevel's work, I did a search here on this forum and on google, but nothing much showed up. Any links to his work? - I think I wil be interested in reading what he has to say.

regards
Carel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.