Hi all! newbie incoming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all audiophiles at diyaudio!
I just registered cause I´m interested in building one of Nelson Pass´s designs, and am a complete amateur regarding audio electronics, so I hope to learn a lot from this place and your knowledge.
I´m a student on my way to Master grad (in a few months I hope), resident of Graz, Austria, and one of my interests is listening to music I like, on a nicely sounding hi-fi of course. Currently I use an old NAD CD-player, a much older Klein & Hummel tube preamp/amp (which used to be quite a good amp 30 or 40 years ago I am told), and a pair of Triangle Titus.
As I said, I am interested in good quality sound reproduction equipment, whether tube or solid state I don´t care as long as I like the sound.
Regards,
judge

Thanks for the welcome!
No, I won´t get rid of the tube amp, no way. I like it´s sound, and it has not disappointed me so far. I bought it used a few years ago (probably paid a bit to much, but what the heck...). A friend of mine is quite experienced in building tube amps, and helped me in checking it (oscilloscope and stuff...) I basically had no clue about it, but he readjusted the amp cause I got it with new tubes, and sorted out a minor problem here and there. Now it runs like a charm, and will do so with me for a long time coming I hope.

Attachments

• vs56_1.jpg
    vs56_1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 46
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.