another canadian newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
planet10 said:

Cooms is more than an hour out... i know about the goats, but the gorillas?
dave

I don't know if they still have them, but there used to be these old VW Beatles with no engine or autoglass near the main market. The gorillas, which looked like they were stuffed gorilla costumes, were wearing sunglasses and hawaiian shirts and sitting in the car. On the back of the car there was a carboard sign that said "Coombs or Bust". Anyway, it's been a while since I was up that way(maybe a decade) so I suppose there's a good chance it's gone...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
seangoesbonk said:
I don't know if they still have them, but there used to be these old VW Beatles with no engine or autoglass near the main market. The gorillas, which looked like they were stuffed gorilla costumes, were wearing sunglasses and hawaiian shirts and sitting in the car. On the back of the car there was a carboard sign that said "Coombs or Bust". Anyway, it's been a while since I was up that way(maybe a decade) so I suppose there's a good chance it's gone...

A decade -- that is probably my time-frame too. But a friend's daugter has just moved up there so i can do a little research.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
djquick_silver said:
boy remind me never to be in front of you two on the highway if you can make it from vic to coombs in 1hour:D even from vic to nanimo in an hour is pushing it ... i'm in drunkin' duncan

nanaimo is an hr easy ... Duncan 20-25 minutes ... but i get a headstart since i'm just up the side of Mt Finlayson.

Had a friend who did behind Sound Hounds to the dock in Cambell River in 2 hr 5. And that was long before the new hiway.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.