Greetings fellow Earthlings from dynoPort; Snowdonia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:Popworm:

I'm new here but not to Hi-Fi or tweaking it. I'm just finishing-off upgrading the crossover of my 14yo TDL Monitors with better components (except the inductors - which I couldn't find the value of) silver-plated internal wiring; Deflex panels; splitting the crossover into three: high~mid~bass! Better resistors and mostly Audyn capacitors from Audiocom of South Wales.

I was interested to search 'diyAudio' for info on how long these capacitors took to 'burn-in' They've been in use for quite a few hours now and do indeed seem to improve with use.

I power my TDL from Mitchell Alecto monoblocks. I also have a Musical Fidelity P270 (mk1-not in use at the moment) would upgrading this be worthwhile? considering the quality of the Alectos? Any views.

In the past I've built a Wilmslow Audio 'Electrostatic One' hybrid loudspeaker (not in use ~ would arc at highish sound levels!) I still use Ben Duncan's AMP02 with built in DAX dac.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.