Hello from southwest Germany! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2004, 10:46 AM   #11
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I was lucky- for me, Auger/ESCA was a tool, not a way of life. I was just an itinerant vibrational spectroscopist. Electrode surfaces were my thing. Maybe that's why capacitors and ESLs still fascinate me so much.

Now, STM/SFM, that is some cool stuff. And something possibly amenable to diy.
Old 17th October 2004, 03:44 AM   #12
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Postcode

Hi Tekman,

Could we not at least address you by your real first name ? I hate addressing people with codenames !!!!!!

What is your PLZ (perhaps at least the first two digits) ?
What projects are you on / planning ?

By the way, oberkochen probably has the highest concentration (per m2) of Ph.D.'s, especially physicists, in Germany. : )

Me, I am mechatronics, a rare breed here. : )

Patrick
Old 17th October 2004, 04:48 AM   #13
fcel is offline fcel  United States
diyAudio Member

Mechatronic .... is that the new engineering field that is a combination of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Is that a 4 year program?
Old 17th October 2004, 06:52 AM   #14
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

> Mechatronic .... is that the new engineering field that is a combination of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Is that a 4 year program?

Yes, but nothing new.
One example is precision servo control (of say production machines). You won't have a good solution if you do not have understanding of both.

I am not sure whether it is 4 years in the states. In England, it is not first degree, but MSc and PhD.

Patrick
Old 18th October 2004, 07:58 AM   #15
tekman is offline tekman  Germany
diyAudio Member

2 SY:
Yes, I agree, not a way of life -- I used ESCA/Auger also only as tools. To make my point more clear: The motivation I mentioned was because of the people, not because of the tools

STM/SFM are really nice stuff. Maybe even a little bit DIYing at home? Well, I maybe think about it this winter.

2 EUVL:
Typical german-newsgroup behaviour this "I like no codenames".
Well, if this problem for you, simply stay away from my postings. :attention:

We are not on a dating-line here, so I won't provide personal information to open-readed Web up to more than a certain degree.
We both have not met before, we hardly will in future. It's enough for me to have joined the group, talked a little bit personal and put in some (I hope ) useful posts in the other groups. I respect others and want to be respected. It's enough for me to have me name in the telephone book, clean my mailbox from spam every day and thanks to other newsgroup this get filled enough.

If you want to make public who you are, where you live and place the digits of your town postal code in the web: That's your decision.
Fro me it's already enough to get unwanted phonecalls by people I don't know and who want to sell me things I don't need. Same with emailing. So that's my reasons to simply say: STOP!! about my privacy.

If this offends you: Simply stay away.

2 fcel: In Germany, yes I think it's 4 year timeline. There are lots of related field around- and due to the educational system here it is more and more growing.
Old 18th October 2004, 12:29 PM   #16
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

To be clear: we don't have a real-names policy here. Many people choose to use them, others don't for various reasons.
Old 18th October 2004, 12:42 PM   #17
tekman is offline tekman  Germany
diyAudio Member

2 SY:

Thanks for taking the point from a moderator's view.

I think the reasons are clear (at least I made my statement) and there may be of course many more.

diyaudio is fine for this, but in (many) german NG the webcops (or the ones who think they are self-employed for this) really make a riot on this.

To make point clear from my view: I am not chasing. But I think there has to be tolerance: Who wants to take real-name, should do so. Who not (for what reason ever) doesn't need a "!!!!!!" for using another naming. (this is addressed to EUVL)

I am around in the several NGs since manyr years, and as stated: After beginning with real-name long time ago, I still have to update my spamfilter and to clean up my mailbox for this reason more often as using a pseudo - this is a kind of legacy I don't really ask for. So that's why I stay on a pseudo.

OK, I think we have this set clear.

Hide this!Advertise here!