Greetings from Daytona Beach

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got here while looking for a schematic (which I found here).
The hurricanes are gone, so I need something else to keep me busy.

I like to do tube audio stuff, like rebuilding classic amps, and designing and building tube audio stuff.

I like my Dynaco st-70 (self built driver closely based on Ned's driver schematic), st-35, Eico HF81, Scott 299, and other classic stuff.
I've built several pre-amps, experimenting with common cathode output, and Jack Elliano's ultra-path (kick butt), and have build a couple of se amps.
I'm currently building a prototype for 300B circuits, starting with the common 6sn7 (and 6sl7)/6sn7/300B, in order to get a benchmark sound, then experiment with xformer coupling, 6bl7's, etc.
It's very time consuming, and I don't have a lot of time anyway.

Speakers are starting to grab at me, as well. I've already built a pair of Hammer 12's, folded Voight horns with Fostex 6 inch full range drivers, and have recently acquired a pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers (alnico). They all rule in their own ways.
My next set will be a full length Voigt horn with 8 inch Fostex drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.