Hello from Romania

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
roibm said:

That's well known. In bucharest I mean.
I don't really know how it is nowadays but in the past they used to charge $30-50 for a ride from the airport into the city.
It' s still the same, they just made it seem legal...
Nowadays, there' s only one taxi company allowed to work on the airport' s premises, and they charge huge prices. This taxi company belongs to a Mitrea' s relative (Mitrea is the actual transport minister).

sorry guys, i got to reply to this in romanian. i hope you don't mind :angel:

Lars Clausen said:
buna cum te cheama?eu sunt din alba si am fost in romania odata cu seful mea dar din pacate nu si la bucuresti ...
seara buna... ma bucur sa aflu ca la lc audio lucreaza o romanca, si nu orice romanca, chiar albaneza ;)
numele meu nu pot sa ti-l spun aici, dar daca e sa discutam in continuare despre diverse, putem folosi email-u, in felu' acesta nu o sa deranjam pe nimeni cu limba noastra de neinteles ;)
numai de bine, io

Lars Clausen said:
push_pull: we did indeed play the ZAPpulse / Predator amplifier.
Sorry I missed that...

Only one taxi driver in Bucuresti overcharged me with 500.000 Lei for a 3 km trip. (About 10 Euro). The same trip in Alba Iulia next day cost only 8900 Lei (About 15 Euro Cent or 20 US Cent) - the right price in Romania.
I hope the guy in Bucuresti had a nice dinner with his girlfriend out of my 500.000 Lei ;-)
How in the world did you manage to get overcharged with 500klei? :D You should have taken someone romanian with you.
I'm from Iasi (Moldova "county", north-east), and I also hate Bucharest.

mr_push_pull said:

How in the world did you manage to get overcharged with 500klei? :D You should have taken someone romanian with you.
I'm from Iasi (Moldova "county", north-east), and I also hate Bucharest.
500klei overcharged? say thanks and walk away, it could have been worst :(
altho I come from transylvania(somewhere in the middle of it), I like upper moldavia best. been there last two years in vacation... beautiful places, beautiful people. I still recall the road from putna to ukraine... it was after raining, driving uphill, driving straight on the hill for many km, everything so green, an intense green... felt like heaven. next year I'll be there again(this year I've been along danube towards moldova noua, beautiful as well but still a far cry from upper moldavia).

roibm said:

500klei overcharged? say thanks and walk away, it could have been worst :(
altho I come from transylvania(somewhere in the middle of it), I like upper moldavia best. been there last two years in vacation... beautiful places, beautiful people. I still recall the road from putna to ukraine... it was after raining, driving uphill, driving straight on the hill for many km, everything so green, an intense green... felt like heaven. next year I'll be there again(this year I've been along danube towards moldova noua, beautiful as well but still a far cry from upper moldavia).
Oh, I guess I have to learn about Bucharest yet. I'm glad I wasn't forced to take a taxi there.

Did you know that recently there's some high-end audio coming from upper-Moldavia?

Your signature is cool :D

mr_push_pull said:

Oh, I guess I have to learn about Bucharest yet. I'm glad I wasn't forced to take a taxi there.
Did you know that recently there's some high-end audio coming from upper-Moldavia?
Your signature is cool? :D
I lived in bucharest for some 4 years. The more I learned about how it works the more I hated it.
As about Rockna Audio Systems, I am very happy to see they are doing what they are doing.
That was a question about my signature right? And no, it is not cool, it is as sick as it can get. It wasn't meant to be cool, it was meant to rise some questions, and it did.

Hi !
Here is Bucharest !
I see that this forum is full with romanians :D
and I see that my reply notification is off.
and yes, Romanian audio (DIY or not) community is pretty active online.

OMG, I've been a member of this forum for almost 7 years now. kind of getting back to DIY and audio in general. I've bought a motorbike meanwhile and that has taken a lot of my attention :D but (fortunately, from a hifi point of view) Romania has a not so biker-friendly winter climate and I need to keep my hands busy with something. and if it's not the throttle, better be a soldering gun:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
and I see that my reply notification is off.
and yes, Romanian audio (DIY or not) community is pretty active online.

OMG, I've been a member of this forum for almost 7 years now. kind of getting back to DIY and audio in general. I've bought a motorbike meanwhile and that has taken a lot of my attention :D but (fortunately, from a hifi point of view) Romania has a not so biker-friendly winter climate and I need to keep my hands busy with something. and if it's not the throttle, better be a soldering gun:D

Romanian bikers - OMG what is the world coming too????? :eek::eek:

ps - I'm glad you guys are here - it helps that we are all friends!!! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.