Hi all...my intro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from San Francisco Bay CA. I'm a jrhi teacher at a small Christian school. I'm interested in setting up my classroom with some audio/video that the school budget cannot afford, hence it will come from my pocket...a decidedly rather depleted pocket as any father of two teen daughters..one away at college..knows.

I am not well versed with electronics, although I do the repair and "maintanence" of the school's fleet of donated and aging computers- mostly pentium 90's to 266's. This puts me a bit behind on the tech curve, but shows that I'm not adverse to opening the box and being frustrated. Well, strike that frustrated.

My current problems deal with AUDIO: a donated receiver without a phono input(which I need) that doesn't seem to see some of its existing inputs. (No manual or remote came with it so maybe I'm just doing something "dumb"); and VIDEO: I'd like to do powerpoint in my room but don't want to buy a $$$LCD projector. I'm thinking a LCD panel on an OHP that may also double as big screen display from my VHS.

I hope some of you will be willing to pass on some of your experience and sage advice ( I'll even accept advice about other spices! lol)

Thanks. I'll see you in the other forums soon.audio VIDEO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.