Hello from Southern England

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Like so many others I've been lurking picking up tips for some time now.

I don't get too much time to indulge my hobby; the pressures of work & three children keep me on my toes.

My DIY'ing career began back in the early 80's when I decided the Thorens TD-160 I owned at the time just didn't do it for me. Initially I began by building a new platter which was a glass and aluminium laminated affair, but ended up ditching everything except the motor from the Thorens.

Fast forward to now. I'm currently modding a Marantz CD-63 and planning to look at some Meridian 100 series amps which are about to be temporarily replaced with a Naim 62/140 combination.

I do wonder what I used to do before I discovered these forums!

Regards
Dave

Thanks for the welcome.

It's the mkII. In the fullness of time it will recieve ALW super regs, a new clock and some damping for the enclosure.

I've also toyed with the idea of running a completely seperate PSU.

My modding plans were thrown into disarray recently because I was given a TEAC VRDS-10 which currently resides in my system.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Ah ha. I tried the ALW mods around the clock (cutting tracks and so forth) on two players. On the first one, I didn't have any 10pF silvered mica, so I used a paralleled pair of 5pF polystyrene instead. For the second player, I ordered 10pF silvered mica. The one with the polystyrene sounds better...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.