Greeting from Kendrick Pavey, Director, Silver Stealth Cables - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2002, 03:35 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Greeting from Kendrick Pavey, Director, Silver Stealth Cables

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to join this DIY fraternity. Below I've attached an introduction that is probably also appropriate to this medium. A few other tidbits:

Since returning from the US in March 1999, I became heavily involved in Melbourne Audio Club. This is a great, active club which fosters many individual group interests. Come and visit us if you are ever in Melbourne (meetings every third Wed in Nudawading Council Offices - Willis Room). I quickly became the Equipment Convenor, and broadened this group over the two year tenure to include visits behind the scenes at Imax, Village Roadshow, Newmarket Recording Studios and others. It was a hoot. These days I am Vice President for the club, and of course, I keep a healthy DIY interest on the side.

Re my system, basically it's tube electronics (SE 12AU7 tri-triode pre - dual mono, modified Contan KT88, now SE-PP, Camelot digititus, Gallo speakers and of course all my own cables - interconnects, digital cable, power cords and speaker cable.

I particularly like Jazz in its many forms, mostly upbeat, but also innovative standards. Blues, funk, acoustic, and world - the latter growing on me in my old age! Undeniably I'm drawn into the multi channel arena also with DVDAs and music DVDs too. I made my own Peerless sub with two passive radiators which rocks out on these types of media.

Anyway, as you've probably gathered, my passion for audio is deeply rooted, and I'll attempt to answer questions both related to and not related to cables as they appear. Hope to make some new friends and learn some things along the way too via this forum.

Cheers, Kendrick.

I just wanted by way of introduction to talk briefly about myself and the new range of cables Hugh and I will be introducing to the Printed Electronics website. First of all, a little bit about me....

I am a self confessed audio nut for a start, and it was during my 1 year overseas assignment to the US with Ford in 1998 that triggered this insatiable appetite for audio knowledge and music quality.

At high school my best subject was percussion for which I scored 91/100 as a sixth additional subject. I was also head of instrumental music in that year. I went to Melbourne University and completed a BE Elec (Hons) and BSc, finishing in mid 1993.

Since then I have been working at Ford the last 8 or so years, and as much as I love fast cars it's audio that really ignites my passion and energy. Most of my spare time is either spent visiting audio friends, concocting audio experiments or just kicking back with a great Aussie wine and relaxing to the tunes of post modern jazz, blues, acoustic or a good movie. Basket case, maybe...it works for me. Oh yeah, and I am trying to squeeze an MBA in there somewhere too.

I have known Hugh for some three years now and we have developed a great friendship. I respect him enormously and vouch that he is a true gentleman. His knowledge on all things amplifier wise is astounding and as you guys have probably gathered, world class. His dedication to customer satisfaction goes beyond what most companies consider being 'consumer focused'.

What I hope to bring to the partnership is a much overlooked area of audio that is unfortunately diluted by many products that are sub-par or way overpriced. I know - many cables claim the world and don't deliver. I hope to prove that at least in my case, this is wrong!

The raw materials I have chosen are top quality, the assembly process simple and the results speak for themselves. Just like the Aksa. Best of all the synergy between the products is for real - we've tried it and use it ourselves.

As I said to Don Bilger, Ford Audiophile Club, MI, anything that is in the signal path has a significant influence on the final sonic result - to ignore interconnects would be at one's sonic peril. I have seen systems where thousands have been spent on gear and the components hooked up with 'chicken wire'...ye gads!

Anyway, enough dribbling from me. I hope to get to know you well as the days unfold and believe there's a significant improvement awaiting you, should you be prepared to try the Silver Stealth Cables.

Please contact me directly for the full review from Don Bilger, more detailed product information and a newsletter I've sent recently to existing Silver Stealth Customers.

Thanks for your time, and enjoy your music.
Old 1st May 2002, 04:48 AM   #2
Banned

Angry SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

We now return to our program. I build my own cables as do many on this forum. This is a DIY forum. Please don't take advantage of it for comercial puposes. I believe there are manufactures forums at http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/
Old 1st May 2002, 06:54 AM   #3
Banned

Default not cool

no spam for me, man, I just ate.

Ren
Old 1st May 2002, 10:40 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

May I respond to this?

This is an introduction section. Telling people about me and what I do is a fair enough intro, no?

Secondly I went looking and couldn't find any rules regarding content of notes. Someone might care to point these out to me for future reference.

I think I have something to offer this forum, perhaps you might like to give me a chance. Like you, I am a music lover at heart, a keen DIY'r, passionate audiophile and musician to boot.

Cheers, Kendrick.
Old 1st May 2002, 10:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default DIY Spam Award

Spam Song

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!
Lovely Spaaam! Wonderful Spaaam!
Lovely Spaaam! Wonderful Spam.

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.

Lovely Spaaam! (Lovely Spam!)
Lovely Spaaam! (Lovely Spam!)
Lovely Spaaam!

Spaaam, Spaaam, Spaaam, Spaaaaaam!

Lyrics by: Terry Jones and Michael Palin
Music by: Terry Jones, Michael Palin and Fred Tomlinson
Arranged by: Fred Tomlinson
Old 1st May 2002, 12:16 PM   #6
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Another international incident brewing. Where's Jocko?
Old 1st May 2002, 04:10 PM   #7
Banned

Looks like this one is off to a rousing start without me. The King of Feedback thinks it is spam, so I will defer to his judgement. I'll let him deal with it.

Jocko
Old 1st May 2002, 04:47 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I didn't know Ford makes fast cars.
Old 1st May 2002, 04:56 PM   #9
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Kendrick,

The only way you are going to get out of this is to publish some DIY cable designs. On second thoughts that might not be such a good idea since the TDR twins Harry and Jocko will be looking over your shoulder, and we all know that they are tough to please.

Jam
Old 1st May 2002, 05:43 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Go Aussie !

Hello Kendrick, and a warm welcome to Diyaudio.

Don't worry about the Monty Python lyrics - just a joke response to Ren Hoek's comment.
Good to see another fellow Aussie commercially involved with high end audio.
Perhaps you should post those reviews to a web page somewhere, so we can learn some more.

Jam is correct in that you now need to tell us some more of what you have cooked up, and how and why it is better than other interconnects that are available commercially.
This forum is usually a tree hugging hippy, feel good, sharing caring sort of thing, and we are all interested in new and interesting developments and knowlege.

So over to you.......

Regards, Eric.

You and Jocko are most welcome to call me Eric - Feedback Electronics is my day job business name, hence 'mrfeedback'.

Hide this!Advertise here!