Greeting from Kendrick Pavey, Director, Silver Stealth Cables - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2002, 05:49 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default TDR Stuff

Hey Jocko, BTW did you do any measurements on 25 pair phone cable yet ?
If so, I am sure we are all interested in the results !.

Regards, Eric.
Old 1st May 2002, 05:58 PM   #12
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Go Aussie !

Kendrick,

Welcome. Don't let the broadside discourage you... i thot your intro was informative, but i expected some comments on the commercial aspects of your post (the singing and dancing was a bit of a surprise) -- you have to be subtle, sneak stuff in when it is on-topic.

If Hugh will work (and drink beers) with you, you gotta have something to contribute.

dave
Old 1st May 2002, 06:08 PM   #13
Banned

Default Wire of the Week

"This forum is usually a tree hugging hippy, feel good, sharing caring sort of thing, and we are all interested in new and interesting developments and knowlege."!!!???? I know Jocko and I slip into rare but subtle humor once in a great while but this is just over the top! How can you live with yourself man? Have you no shame!

As for 25 pair wire, what on earth whould you want 25 speakers for?

Last but not least you know what goes great with a SPAM and Vegamite omlet.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fostersalligatorinflatable.jpg (13.5 KB, 945 views)
Old 1st May 2002, 06:49 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default TDR twins

You mean like one of these?

Bwaaaaaaa....bwaaaaaaaaa..bwa...bub...bub...bub
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tdr.jpg (13.3 KB, 905 views)
Old 1st May 2002, 07:00 PM   #15
Banned

Default Very Punny

I sold my last bike to buy a turntable. I only fell off the turntable once. If they had an Olympic event for handlebar dismounts I would have gotten the GOLD. I once made a friend crash from laughing so hard watching me crash. It still hurts to think about it.
Has anyone else ever done a 50MPH cartwheel?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sl100a.jpg (27.5 KB, 871 views)
Old 1st May 2002, 07:43 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

The only way you could cartwheel off that <i>thing</i> at 50mph, would be if you rode it out the back of a C130 at altitude. Probably a suitable use for it.

Fun with TT's.
When I first got my Gyrodeck years ago, some friends came around to have a look at it. They'd spent the afternoon cooking with their friend Alice B Toklas, and then spent the entire evening mesmerised by the spinning gold weights eating my chips. Whilst they never fell off the TT, they did fall over a bit. My TT light was an 211 tube with just the filaments driven, and the image of them in it's glow still makes me laugh.

My current ride is one of these
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fzr 1.jpg (37.8 KB, 477 views)
Old 1st May 2002, 08:10 PM   #17
Banned

Angry Don't be dissing my dirtbike

It would go 65 with the stock rear sprocket which is fast enough to hurt yourself in the woods. And my father flew C-130s so don't be talking bad about that fine aircraft. Actually my first bike was a Yamaha, shipped back from Japan in pieces in several boxes marked motorcycle parts. That's how I learned to read schematics
and work on motorcycles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miniendurojt1l.jpg (26.2 KB, 461 views)
Old 1st May 2002, 08:59 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default Wasn't really dissin'...........

yer scoot, merely 'taking the ****' in the Aussie tradition. No offence mean't. Dunno where you got the idea I don't like C130's though. One of the great aircraft. I've always loved 'planes, ever since I was a small boy, and started doing Aero Eng at Uni, swapping to electronics later. I'd love to skydive out the back of a C130.

<b>It would go 65 with the stock rear sprocket which is fast enough to hurt yourself in the woods.</b>

True enough. When I get my new dirtbike next summer, WR400, it's potentially a lot faster than 65mph, but I bet my average off-road speeds a <b>lot</b> slower. I want it to have some fun in the scrub nearby, but also to sharpen my sliding ability and improve my riding on the road. More of a creaky demon, than a crusty one.
Old 1st May 2002, 09:53 PM   #19
Bill F. is offline Bill F.  United States
diyAudio Member

Default P.T. Barnum's TSGCEJWQ:

P.T. Barnum said, "I don't care what they say about me in the papers as long as they spell my name right!"

Hey Silver Stealth,

Welcome to the forum!

Your intro thread keeps popping up on the main board. Even though you didn't come to advertise, you just gotta be loving the exposure!

And now, an excerpt from "P.T. Barnum's Two-step Guide to Commercial Exposure that Just Won't Quit"

Step 1: Drop an innocuous comment about your products on the DIYAudio intro forum. This stimulates a frenetic salvo from the hair-trigger lunatic fringe. (No offense intended y'all--you know who you are ) (None taken, I'm sure.) Some mysterious form of smoke or pheremone signal goes up, and partygoers swarm to the carrion, accompanied by music, dancing, and foamy froth. Pretty soon the party settles down. They'll get chatting amongst themselves, slapping each other upside the head, and telling motorbike stories.

Step 2: Your job is done--or delegated, rather. Just sit back and watch the business roll in!

For what it's worth, I'm glad I could contribute. I'll consider a complete set of interconnects payment in full.

Bill
Old 1st May 2002, 10:13 PM   #20
Banned

Default frenetic salvo from the hair-trigger lunatic fringe

I do not have a hair trigger....... Good luck in the wire biz. Last count I believe there were about 500 companies selling audio wire and about a dozen DIY wire sites.

"an innocuous comment about your products"

More over the top comedy. Whatever happened to subtlety in comedy. The only thing he didn't do was post pictures. Hugh Dean is a class act and has been fairly low key on this forum..... hint hint, nudge,nudge! I have never complained about him.

http://www.geocities.com/jonrisch/cables.htm

Hide this!Advertise here!