Greeting from Kendrick Pavey, Director, Silver Stealth Cables

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Subtlety--I though that just meant not posting in all Caps...

501, actually.

I haven't bragged it up, but I've gone public with my own company--Tantric Audio. We sell audio mains wiring primarily to enlightened electrical contractors.

I feel justified in posting on this forum because we also publish a free Do-It-Yourself guide to rewiring your grid connection with our special 220V stock. If you're an ambitious believer, we also sell a cobalt laminate core pole transformer and 500+ V high-tension stock for as far upstream as you want to pursue your passion. Of course, all this comes with thorough directions for executing the swap at night when no one's looking and local usage is at a minimum.

In our hermeneutically sealed clean room, our wire is custom drawn through the carefully calibrated gaps between the teeth of our team of vestal virgins. We use only the purest high-helium platinum with a proprietary butter quenching process. The results, as you can imagine, are rich bass and light, airy highs. A petroleum jelly dialectric lends transparency and smmoothness like you've never heard.

If you ever visit our website, be sure to download the Sanscrit plugin so you can read our manuals.

Bill

Spam, Fosters, vegemite, crocodile, eggs, and more Fosters spam

Hello Hoary and All,

"Last but not least you know what goes great with a SPAM and Vegamite omlet..... "

Yep, a sunday morning BBQ breakfast with friends of a SPAM and Vegimite omlette with Crocodile steak, washed down with a Fosters, sure beats a Big Breakfast McCrappy meal deal anyday.

According to MY taste, that is.

The only bikes that I would be seen riding would be my Custom hand made (= NOT Japanese) road and velodrome racing thoroughbreds.
Something about having a motor to do the work that takes away the pleasure of the singing tyres and wind in your face.
Getting both tyres sliding midcorner on the local traffic roundabout on the way to work every morning, just gives you that good to be alive feeling, and the mind clear and alert for the rest of the day - The home trip also builds a healthy thirst.

Harry, by the sounds of it don't even try to ride a fixed wheel machine - it would probably have you straight over the bars before you can blink. Much safer for you to take a bus. :)

Kendrick, please feel welcome to drop me a line (and obligation free evaluation examples of course) if you are seeking a positively biased reviewer over here in the west.

Bill F., where do you find "a team of vestal virgins" ?. Any spare ?.

Regards, Eric.

Aussie diet

I had heard that the aussies would eat anything....... My bicycle days in my long past youth resulted in a boken arm, a broken collar bone, and stitches in my face. These were three seperate incidents! Never did any thing that good on a motorcycle. Is it true that American beer is like making love in a canoe?

"I had heard that the aussies would eat anything...."
Most of us don't like McDonalds or KFC.
BTW, Kangaroo fillets are pretty good, as are Camel steaks, and Yabbies, and fresh reef fish, and .......

"My bicycle days in my long past youth resulted in a boken arm, a broken collar bone, and stitches in my face. These were three seperate incidents!"
Harry, maybe you should be wearing protective clothing when you plug your soddering iron in !.

"Is it true that American beer is like making love in a canoe?"
I don't know because I've not bothered to try either.
I'm quite happy with our local reds, a grass fed steak, and SWMBO.

"Tantrum Audio" - I thought you two were already in partnership !.:)

Regards, Aussie and don't you forget it, Eric.

Here we go again!

Attachments

• tantrum.jpg
    tantrum.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 392
Kendrick's Splash Page........

I have to thank everyone for giving Kendrick such a baptism of fire; but it's a pleasure to see that deep down youse guys are so friendly......

Kendrick is interested in effectively marketing his wires, and more strength to him, and all publicity is good publicity, and who knows?? He might just sell a truckload of his Silver Stealth - they are very good, I can vouch for that.

Interesting that there are so many bikers out there. And who said Ford didn't make fast cars? That's crazy, what about the GT40 from years ago? In Oz, Ford is about to introduce a 290 bhp turbo 245 CID six in a FAMILY CAR. I believe this will be fast....

Recently I test rode a Honda VTX 1800 V twin. I have never ridden a motorcycle whose acceleration was consistent across all gears like this machine. Bloody thing's a cruise missile! Has anyone ridden the latest GSX Suzuki 1400? I'm interested as it has balance sharft technology and pulls strongly from 1000rpm.

Harry, I'm low key because I'm a one man band, and too many customers is actually a difficulty, because I offer tech backup to all of them, and it's wearing me out....... :D

Now, where was that crazy Kilowatt guy discussing his water cooled amp? I just love the idea of liquid cooling an amp, even though it's not tree-hugging stuff. Class A becomes very reliable with water cooling, and if you buy the pipes in the ground, heatsinking is never a problem. I had a Class AB Crescendo for a couple of years with water cooling. Used a dishwasher pump for circulation, and IF you got all the air bubbles out, it never made a sound. :)

Kendrick, you've had your drubbing in the river - welcome to the group!

Cheers,

Hugh

www.printedelectronics.com

Kendrick's drubbing.....

Jeez, I didn't think we were hard on him at all. It was very friendly I thought. Eric even sang him a welcome song.

Oh, yeah,...um,...Kendrick, welcome.....um....I s'pose. :D

<b> Ford and fast cars</b>
That's often a mutually exclusive statement, but I've been in a few XR6's and XR8's and they're a lot of fun. Especially the utes. Trouble is, here in Oz, the perception of a Falcon is taxi. Good honest reliable (well...) car, but doesn't do a lot to stir the blood. I have a Fairmont Ghia wagon.

<b>what about the GT40 from years ago?</b>

Really a race car from the Sixties, so doesn't count. The Cosworth Sierra would be a better example, as you could actually buy one of them if you lived in UK/Europe.

<b>In Oz, Ford is about to introduce a 290 bhp turbo 245 CID six in a FAMILY CAR.</b>

Didn't Chrysler do that with the Charger in the 70's? :D With nary a puffer to be seen, and that sweet roar of six DCOE throats inhaling. A 4 litre six with a turbo and 290hp should be very lightly tuned, 0.5-0.6 bar of boost probably. I wonder what it'll be able to do when fully tuned (1.4 bar?), but still road legal? Four hundred hp is in sight. Vroom.....
Once my horns are finished, I might go looking for a Centura, as I have a 265 I can get for free, and two small Roots blowers in the shed. Sleeper from hell. Good winter project I think.

<b>Recently I test rode a Honda VTX 1800 V twin</b>

Hondas are nice scoots, and that 1800 should go like a train. Was it smooth or did the motor shake like a Harley? If you get a chance, ride a Valkyrie. I got off it giggling like an idiot it was so much fun. Hard to beleive it's a naked Wing.

Also got to ride a Honda SP1 about a month back. For a roadbike, it was dynamically as near as dammit to perfect. Pulled hard everywhere, just harder with increasing revs, so much so it was difficult to keep the front down, even moving off the lights. Takin' it out scratching was sheer bliss, stable and easy to throw around, even over crap rural roads at not quite legal velocities. Thought I might get my elbow down for the first ime, but no.
And the sound......

<b>Has anyone ridden the latest GSX Suzuki 1400? I'm interested as it has balance sharft technology and pulls strongly from 1000rpm.</b>

Its basically the old oil colled GSXR motor bored and stroked a bit, so the shaft would be handy to smooth it out, but my old Gixer would pull off the lights in 5th from just above idle, and was only a bit vibey between 4500-5500rpm. I haven't ridden the 1400, but I did have a GSXR1100J for 12 years, putting 300k on it. This is the Chev V8 of bike motors. Keep it full of good oil, like Mobil1 or better, not the crap the dealers put in at service, and the motors go forever. Mine hadn't had the head off it when I sold it, but still had good compression, and smoked the rear miles up the road on our last ride. The rest of the bike looks like an updated version of the late 70's early 80's GSX's, but with modern suspension, brakes and handling. Looks like an excellent useful and useable bike, both one or two up. Next time I'm near a dealer, I might have to cadge a ride on one.

Cheers

Attachments

• gsx_1400_side.jpg
    gsx_1400_side.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 340
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Greeting Kendrick,

Don't let this trick of taking your post as far off topic as humanly possible fool you. Though, this would be as good a place as any to turn a post on its head.

FWIW I ride a <a href="http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/05639/">CBR600</a> all day every day.

(I will now go back to regular scheduled programming of not reading the forum for weeks on end)

Speaking of cables...........

And how the average punter doesn't care about what parts are in his system.......(going back a few weeks here, folks).......

RatShack claims on their commercials every night on the baseball game:
............uses nitrogen air filled foam for theater quality sound. You might think helium would be a good choice, but it didn't sound as good."

You can't get comedy that funny just any old place. Only at RatShack.

Jocko

<b>uses nitrogen air filled foam </b>

Um....isn't air about like 80% nitrogen anyway? Perhaps they mean like they take the oxygen out, so it's like......um.....oxygen free dielectric. Wow just like oxygen free copper!

OFD + OFC means super musi-cal-ity. Catchy jingle.

<b>You might think helium would be a good choice, but it didn't sound as good." </b>

Not many people actually know this, but this type of cable was first used on an Alvin and the Chipmunks album.

Glad to see we're back on topic.

Brett........where's my nitrous oxide?

The wah wahs

Getting off subject again...... :)

What does nitrous oxide do to the sound of YOUR hifi Brett ?.
Makes mine sound like it's got a wah wah pedal in it !.

BTW I can still hear the cogs and wheels turning over from here.
Any other thought experiments coming to mind ?
Got those Tripath modules yet ?

Many regards, Eric.

FYI - Brett and I had a long and happy and interesting phone conversation the other day - It's a pity Oz is so big !

Hitch Hikers Guide to the Universe......

Jocko,

"Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz smiled very slowly. This was done not so much for effect, but to see if he remembered the sequence of muscle movements......."

Did you know Douglas Adams died of heart failure at 52 last year in the UK?

A pity. Marvellous book that one. I'm really pleased it receives such good press worldwide. And you Sir, you have taste......

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.