Hello from Nortern Minnesota

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to everyone. My name is Mike Jarve, I’m 22 going on 23, and I live in Northern Minnesota, US. I’m something of an electronics hobbyist, and I have a sincere passion for truly high-fidelity music. I enjoy most every form of music, everything from Bach to Basement Jaxx (each genre has its charm). I am particularly fond of Frank Zappa and Yoko Canno.

I’ve never received formal training on more advanced electronics, but I have the basics down pretty well; that is, I know enough to be dangerous. I have been tinkering with and “improving” lower-end audio equipment for going on 10 years.

I am a laser printer technician by trade, specializing in HP laser printers, and formerly worked as senior technician for the area’s largest “local” computer company. In my spare time, I practice bass guitar, and I sang in choir for 5 years during high-school.

My personal A/V system is never the same for more than bout 6 months at a shot, although I still have my “old stand bys”. These are the Wharfedale Diamond 7.2 ALE (Anniversary Limited Edition; IMHO the best bookshelf speaker for the money), Denon DR-M34HX tape deck, and Peavey CS-400 power amplifier. I recently acquired a Pioneer VSX-9300 that might be a keeper.

answers to your questions...

Almost in Canada then?
Indeed. The border is about an hour's drive from my home... Less if you see the speed limit as a mere "suggestion".;)

is it Spring in Minnnessoooooooooottaaaaahhhh?
are you anywhere near Lake Wobegon?
It is a fine spring day today... Overcast and a high in the mid-40's (F). Lake Wobegon, as it were, is roughly 250 miles SSE of where I live, and believe me: We have a very hard time getting Buttermilk Biscuits up here.;) However, in a town called Gilbert, about 7 miles from where I live, there is an abandoned mine pit called "Lake Orebegon".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.