Oh boy, here we go...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

I'm newish here. I'm a big headphone enthusiast. I've built some amp kits and cables myself but I have no idea how this stuff really works. My goal is to be able to "design" and build my own amp(s) from scratch so that I can really understand how these things work.

So far I spent a lot of time on Tangent's site thanks to his CMoy tutorial (and I built my own cmoy from that!). On his recommendation I picked up "The Art of Electronics" to try to get a better understanding of what's going on in the CMoy. I also grabbed "Small Signal audio Design" and I dug up an old copy of "Make: Electronics" that I had but never really looked at.

I'm learning a lot of stuff piecemeal and trying hard to put everything together in my head but it's a slow process since I usually learn better by asking questions. I'll probably be on here asking a lot of stupid questions in the future, but I'm hoping to get to the point where my questions aren't SO stupid that it hurts.

For now, any references to good practical knowledge on headphone amps would be awesome... the more basic the better. :-D

Regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.