Hi from Belgium!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been lurking for about a week now, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've had something for good audio since I was young. My first salary went into a Rotel amp + B&W speakers. I later added a Rega Planet 2000. Those still form the core of my audio gear. I looked into buying a DAC several times, but I was kind of bewildered and couldn't decide between big bucks for a big audio brand name or a gamble on a lesser known company, who seem to be popping up and disappearing overnight sometimes.

Now, I have a bunch of Raspberry Pis left over from a startup that I was in. I've added an Allo Boss to one and I'm using it with Volumio. Surprisingly good for the money, actually. I don't think it rivals my Planet, but I should do an A-B test to be sure. Definitely interested in the Katana when it's out. But those are not the reason why I'm here.

I was thinking of building an alarm clock based on a Raspberry Pi with an amp HAT. To do that, I will need to design a speaker into it. I know nothing of speakers and very little of electronics. So I'm now off to the full range forum to introduce my plan there and to see what they think of it :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.