Mateyb from the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all :0) very new to this forum.. my name is mateyb and I am a Street artist. I have joined this forum to see if it's possible for me to build a Bluetooth rechargeable speaker/pa to take on paint jams.

I have a brief idea with electronics (well I can solder lol)

What I'm after is a 2.1 system based for reggae/hiphop that can last at least at 12 hour on a decent volume.....not to worried about weight but as long as it's got a decent sound that can travel about (20 mtrs)......my idea is 3 separate speakers (2 full range and 1 sub) with its each amp and battery running from one Bluetooth board...can this be done on 5v...also I'm thinking about adding a power bank to charge my phone too.....can anyone please point me in the right direction to where in the forum I can discuss this? Many thanks everyone :0)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Welcome to diyAudio :)

You have quite a few different questions... I would perhaps post in Class D to begin with and narrow the initial question down to suitable amps for your intended use. 5 volts, plenty of volume and good battery life isn't a great combination tbh.

The lower the voltage and the less power you can easily generate into a given speaker load, and 5 volts isn't much. Also to generate a given 'power' from a lower voltage (as compared to a higher battery voltage) means current draw is proportionally higher.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.