Hello from England

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this forum some time ago, and the other day I came across a thread which is interesting to me, and I may add to it.

I did a degree in Electronics & Electrical Engineering in 1980, but for several years I ended up as an Assembler and C programmer !! I can assure you that the degree didn't help much in any work that I did, and certainly not in the field of analogue electronics e.g. power amps and speaker crossovers, though I know how they work as a hobbyist, designing one would be a non-starter to me.

In the 90's I ended up working in mobile-phone networks, site planning and network monitoring. During that time I used a lot of RF measuring kit, which helped me to understand how audio works, because different types of antenna have directionality and fall-off over their over frequency ranges, which is observable in the data sheets for speaker drivers.

That's it for now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.