"Hi!"from rural Panama

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hi,

So many times my searches (electronics) provided DIY Audio links that I decided to become a member. Having worked as electronics designer I'm familiar with a variety of topics. After emigration to (rural) Panama it didn't take long to realize that quite a few projects would improve the quality of life here so I took up designing and constructing again (but alas, no more volunteers to build prototypes ;) ). As FM radio is a good (but distant) source of music, one project (in progress) is an FM tuner, using an analog PLL with threshold extension for sensitivity and digital demodulator hooked to the VCO for linearity. Amplifier projects are still in design phase with circuit simulation. What already has become clear is the B4B doctrine: "Bias for Bandwidth". The obtained distortion plots suggest that subjectively, linear increase of distortion (as function of output power) might be more important than the amount of distortion itself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.