Hello from Rochester, NY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,
I have been a member for some time, but have not used the forum much. That is going to change. it is truly a wealth of knowledge for Audio. I have designed many speakers for others and even used to build them until I had some accidents and then lost my work area an most of my tools. ( long story) I have been interested in DIY Audio since I was in high school or before...back in the 70's. I am at heart a linear power supply Nelson Pass-style amp lover. I do appreciate tube amps, Bob Carver Designs of all sorts. As far a Switching Power Supplies, I want to like them, but... I do like Hypex designed amps, especially the NCore series. I do think the power supplies they make for them are "adequate" but would rather see them have twice the capacity that they do for the amps they are made for. I am interested in finding out if linear Power Supplies can be used with d-class amps. Love big huge toroids and caps the size of beer cans :) As far as the next projects I am thinking of building an Amp modeled after Nelson Passes high wattage amps that stay in Pure Class A for at least 50+ watts before switching to A/B. I am not a fan of lots of feedback. I absolutely love the sound of Aleph Amps. I am also thinking of playing with horn loaded bass and compression horn speakers. I own Dynaudio Professional nearfield monitors and their 12" sub as I am a musician(keyboards) although a rarely if ever play live. I want to rebuild my work area if I can, but I lost the place I had it and only have a dampish basement right now to put it in, so we'll see about getting rid of the humidity and building a new woodworking bench and electronics bench. Who knows what the future holds and what direction I will go in Audio DIY. That's about it. Hello to all and I look forward to using your site and making new acquaintances etc.
Namaste,
Brian:wiz:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.