Not really new here but Re-starting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I've been in to audio basically my whole life. Bought my first set of "real" speakers when I was still in high school and still have them to this day. Fast forward almost 30 years since then......holy moley! I have always had a decent sounding system but recently I've been looking to do some upgrades as I imagine most of us here are and what better way than to do it myself!
I'm building a room in my garage which will be dedicated to all things audio, including repairs, improvements, restorations and hopefully building some of my own equipment.
My background includes consumer electronic repair (15 years), car audio fabrication and installation, satellite dish installer/repair all the way back to the C-Band dishes, remote car starters, wood working, automotive and small engine repair, metal work, automotive body work and paint, tractor repair, the list goes on and on...........
So when there's time, I love nothing more than to sit back in a comfy chair and let the music wash over me and soothe me.
I currently have 6 different sets of bookshelf speakers to choose from, a couple of vintage amps, CD player, SACD player, a few different subwoofer, two of which are home made. In addition I have a few other amps in need of repair which I've held on to for years now and I think it's time to start!
The other thing I am interested in is building, or buying a kit for is a nice class A amp, maybe in the 30-75 watt range just for simplicity and quality of sound. So if anyone has any recommendations or can point me to a good thread on the forum I would appreciate it.

Thank you for the welcome.........that sounds strange.......anyway, I may have introduced myself previously but it looks like I signed up 10 years ago so it's probably time to refresh it.
Yes, a solid state class A is what I'm after. I've been looking at the Pass amps on other sites and it's simplicity is intriguing. I am interested in tubes as well but I think I'll leave that for another time. One of my old amps is a Luxman hybrid with tubes in the preamp stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.