Newbie from Spain, looking for advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello from Spain! First of all, my english it's improvable, so please, be patitent if I don't express myself very well :)

I have been reading you for a while and I love the knowledge contained here, it is awesome!

I am new to the DIY audio world, however I have made many stuff so I am not new to the DIY so I am not afraid on building things with wood, electronics, etc.

I have a project in mind, but looking into the forum may be a little overwhelming since I am not aware of the limitations of each system. What I want to build is a hifi stereo system for my living room, which is a small one. The main use would be improving TV audio and listening to music, mainly rock. The full system should be as versatile as possible, because today would be in my living room, but who knows where could it be in a couple of years, maybe in a bigger room, maybe in a desktop PC... Also, the possibility of building more parts to improve it in a future would be nice (depending on this experience).The budget available is as tight as possible, but I don't want to compromise the versatility of itself.

The first part would be the amp, and as far as I have seen, a gainclone with LM3886 looks good. However I am not sure if it should be the better choice... It looks not very difficult to build, there is a lot of information about it, good for something to start in this world.

The speakers would be the second part. And this part is the most difficult for me, I don't know which way to choose. The first things I saw were the Cyburgs needle and the TABAQs, I was very impressed because of their simplicity using full-range drivers, and everybody say good things about them. However, as far as I understand, due to the limitations of my living room floor towers should be avoided since I don't have a good place to place them... The best place I have for the speakers should be in the table where the TV is (or maybe on a bookshelf), and I think with these two I would lose the bass since they are not on the floor.
I have also seen some other multiway designs, as Zaph audio designs, and they look really good, however they are more intended to be mounted on a pedestal far from the walls, not possible in my case, both would be close to a wall from behind and one of them would have a wall on its side...

Well, it's being a long introduction... I would appreciate any advice to keep investigating :D

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.