Hello From the US..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. Long time lurker first time poster here. I've been a member of other forums, Tapeheads, Audiokarma, Steve Hoffman, Audio Aficionado, and so on. In 2012, after a long bout with health issues, I found myself unable to work, and too young to retire. Since I was always in to repairing or restoring audio gear as a hobby, it was a logical step to take it up as a part time work from home pursuit. After a bunch of ups and downs, in 2016, I finally got things going in the right direction. I work with my wife nearly full time , 6-8 hours a day, 6-7 days a week from home.She has been a huge help, for administrative as well as hands-on duties.

We both have health issues, so this has become a good thing for both of us, something we enjoy together, that supports us and most of all keeping us productive and active. She is into music, I'm into music as well, I play several instruments, am a shameless collector of hi-fi gear, as wel as records, tapes, CD's everything. My particular gear weaknesses include McIntosh, Sony ES, Marantz, Studer, Otari, Tascam/Teac, Sansui, Pioneer, and do much more. I prefer gear made between 1950 and 1990, but work on older radios and consoles as well as some newer high end gear. I enjoy tube and solid state gear mixing and matching each as the spirits move me.

As to repair and restoration work, again anything Golden Age, Tube and Solid state, from 5 tube All American tabletops, to the newest Audio Research and McIntosh models, I'm in. Of course, I prefer older gear, especially taking stuff others give up on, and making it like new. Restorations are my favorite , being in the process from beginning to end is still amazing, and I work on all types of gear, speakers, turntables the works.

A lingering side effect from working on and being into cars since I was a kid, is a muscle car addiction, particularly Chrysler and GM muscle cars. For years it was C-3 Corvettes, even though I owned and enjoyed other generation 'vettes, the C-3 has always been a favorite. Recently, I've gotten into Mopar muscle, a very expensive hobby and deep hole you can throw money into. Anything made between 1964 and 1974 that was popular, had a big block/Hemi or both, goes for big dollars. They cost even bigger dollars to restore, but I'm in a good position to do my own work, having been a Master tech for Chrysler & GM as well as holding master Certification with ASE for over 20 years. I'm considering selling my Corvette to fund a Mopar, Maybe a E body, possibly a B or C body if one can be found for a reasonable price in reasonable condition. Nothing that needs all but a beer cap sized piece of original metal replaced, and matching numbers isn't a deal breaker.

As this is an intro post, I'll allow others to ask any questions to fill in the blanks. DIY Audio is a wealth of knowledge and info. I'm looking forward to participating in as well as sharing and learning different things.

See ya around the forum..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.