New Bucko from Minneapolis - Looking forward to great advice/pro tips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I'm coming in personally green to the DIY space for home audio/theatre other than a few friends that usually school me on the latest technology or who put me in contact with some good consultants. After thumbing through a few threads with an acronym finder, I realized that I'm out of my league here, technically, so my ego is in my pocket. However, I do believe that I can pick out the difference in what sounds/feels good in a setup, and am working with ears of a military veteran (so louder/crisper isn't just better, it's necessary) w/ tinnitus.

My first goal, is to get some advice and options as to how to begin enhancing my basement setup which I'd eventually (perhaps sooner than later) like to make in to a decent theatre room. If you're willing to share the mentality behind the "what's" or tell me where to go read up, that is greatly appreciated. I'm sure that I'll need to start considering the end-state schema of connections to/from devices, now, and that's really where I can see myself generating the most questions such as, "better to go for multiple amps?" or "is it possible to get 7.1 sound and not deter from the 2-channel music profile?", etc. Pics attached of what I'm working with, happy to provide any further details i.e. measurements, settings in AV, ML's, Sub, etc.
  • Martin Logal SL3
  • Harmon Kardon 1610S Receiver
  • SVS-12 Sub

I should state that I currently LOVE these speakers (sub-included) and how they handle pure voice or Classical music to evil bass boosted tracks even with only the Bluetooth streaming as a source currently! Thanks for having me!

Attachments

• Audio 2.jpg
    Audio 2.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 31
  • Audio 4.JPG
    Audio 4.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Audio 3.jpg
    Audio 3.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.