Old Timer, but feel like a newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A quick intro...
In my high school and college years I tinkered in the speaker building hobby in my Dad's wood shop. I went through LOTS of MDF with varying degrees of success. My high points were winning a national H.S. competition with the TSA (Technical Student Association) for a set of huge 6-WAY!!! (crazy, youthful over-ambition, didn't know any better) transmission towers, and a surprise phone conversation with Bob Carver. The bug bit so badly that I even switched from mechanical to electrical engineering half-way through because I wanted to pursue a career in amplifier design.
I have been out of the hobby for a couple decades now, but my oldest son was asking about it the other day and here I am. I have a basic woodworking set-up at home, and I unboxed an old set of Heil AMT's from way back. I showed them to him and now we want to make a pair of stereo speakers around them. I may rob the Audio Concepts AC-8 mid-woofers from an old set of the ACI C2R bookshelf speakers the I made in 1992. Because of the butyl rubber surround they are probably still in great shape. But I'll save this for another thread, thanks for the great forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.