Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Kicking up a new Hobby (BoomBoxes)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd January 2018, 06:21 PM   #1
IronPercheron is offline IronPercheron  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Kicking up a new Hobby (BoomBoxes)

I have a knack for acquiring old things for free or cheap, boxes, cases, and electronics being some of these things.

I have been installing my own audio in my own vehicles with the expected DIY success rate...

SO.... I want to build a few boom boxes from the cases I have but don't use, using vintage-ish materials. One being an ammo box of insane proportions... no idea how I'm gonna do that one... but i want it to be the grandaddy of garage tunes for my shop.

I will be searching.... alot... and asking questions... alot. I lack some practical electrical experience and I know precisely jack - squat about building speaker boxes.

Sourcing materials has been a challenge
Knowing what materials I need are a bigger challenge...

Thanks for having me, and thanks in advance for all the help.
Old 2nd January 2018, 06:42 PM   #2
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to diyAudio
Old 4th January 2018, 09:10 AM   #3
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago
diyAudio Member

Welcome

Benvingut

Kicking up a new Hobby (BoomBoxes)Hide this!Advertise here!