Howdy folks, from Arkansas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy folks,

I'm new here, and am currently looking to upgrade my listening equipment. I'm very interested in the DIY approach, as I think you can get more precisely what you want, and probably better for cheaper.

My last set of "real speakers" were some Infinity SM 152s back in the day. I wish I still had them. Like so many others, I switched to the puny satellite/sub (with surround sound) approach.

These days I find I just want a good couple of stereo speakers, and nothing else except maybe a sub, for listening to music. I'm not really into watching TV/Movies anymore. Audio sources are phono, home network served digital media, and external streaming.

I've been reading and reading and reading...I'm surprised how much there is to learn. Anyway, thanks to all you folks folks the information you've posted here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.