Houdy! New here form Spring Lake ,MI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I am new here and somewhat new to electronics. I am learning all I can in my free time. Reading articles and trying to take in as much information as I can. I am not new to the 12 volt world as I have been a automotive tech for 20 years. But the whole semiconductor and digital and analog thing to me is very new. So I have been doing alot of reading. I have 1 project that I have been working on that has brought me here. And that is building a bluetooth boombox. I went and picked up a cheap board from amazon and I think it might be broke or it is just not what I am looking for. I also picked up a pair of JBL control one bookshelf speakers that I was planing in using in the build but I am not completely sure if they will work for what I want. I am looking for clean crisp sound with defined lows. So the Amp I got from amazon comes with a bluetooth 4.0 board installed. And it boasts 2x50 and 1x100. I hooked up the JBLs and I measured the impedance and they were 3.2 ohms a speaker . And I used a power brick @ 12volts 5 amps. ! it has a hiss when music is not playing and 2 completely not impressed with its output. So I took my labs bench supply and put 24 volts at 3 amps. No change in output. I did notice that it would not consume over .20 amps of current ? Not sure if that is correct or not. So I dont know if my amp is at fault or my speakers ? But I thought that this place would be the perfect place to find the answers to my questions.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Welcome to diyAudio :)

You are probably best asking about this over in the Class D forums, this is really just for intros.

Altering the supply voltage to an amplifier will not change a given output level that it is playing at, if that makes sense.

A higher supply will allow an amp to go louder, but if its only delivering say 1 watt into the speaker then 12 volts or 24 volts, it will still be playing at 1 watt.

Are you applying enough signal level to drive it fully ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.