Hello from Hungary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello from Hungary.

38, IT manager guy changing lifestyle and learning audio & electronics like hell. (Well, the road is quite shaky). My father as an electric engineer, who has built some transistor and tube amps, helps a lot actually. He's the math genius, I'm just soldering. :rolleyes:

Registered long ago here but I wasn't very active - and this is my first hello anyway. So.. hello :wave::D

Projects we're working on at the moment:

- Assembly phase: transistor based integrated amp in monoblock-style inside, with LJM (Chinese guy) designed and readily-assembled boards (L20 v9.2, check eBay if interested). Just to drive my good-old big 3-way hobby boxes I built around 15-20 years ago with 2nd order Butterworth passive filter - nothing serious audiophile, however, I'm still enjoying its sound and the silk tweeters.. beats lots of average setups. Don't want to scrap it. Bound by emotions :eek: (However it looks ugly.. imagine black painted mdf cubes, no cosmetics at all) :D - well, we're not furniture makers, right ? :D

- Design phase: 2x tube monoblocks, inspired by Tim de Paravicini's EAR-859 amp design, grid-driven enhanced triode mode operation, Class A SE. Due to power, experimental mood and plenty of output transformer allowance, recalculated for my JJ electronic tubes with KT88 in the output stages (12Wpc@8R) and will be recalculated again for KT150 beasts (18-20Wpc) - then built finally with these.

It will serve as my main audiophile-grade studio amp for my PC.. for sound editing, listening, cutting etc. in an either vented or closed box with a sensitive Dayton Audio fullrange speaker & ribbon tweeter. Black piano finish.

- Idea phase: a beautiful 3-way active crossovered tri-amped stereo system in white piano finish, standing on spikes, custom built boxes by a great speaker manufacturing company here locally, with a complex all-tube amp design: 6 monoblocks, 98dB SPL speakers, nice overall power, high fidelity and gorgeous sound hopefully :) Input gathered, design known but has to be put into Circuit Maker yet. Summer 2018 ... classic tube, OTL, Class-H - the amp side will be pretty much exotic, just like the preamp side with Bluetooth 5.0 module, DSD1796+XMOS-U8 USB DAC, motorized infra-remote with 256-step relay-based volume control, 24dB/Oct 3-way Linkwitz-Riley x-over..

This system will be my ultimate one. At least for the upcoming couple of years. :D

Cheers. Nice forum, very kind people here. :worship:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.