Fanatic? Me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Folks -
I dont usually do this intro bit - but it makes a real change to find a forum where peeps are pleasant and interesting! - Perhaps thats because I have visited mostly philosophy / religeous / "big issue" sites where folks get real uptight (including me :dead: )

Anyone who has frequented such dens of despair would know me as "madasf" (LOL) ! But I have given up all that nonsense - And provided no one tries to tell me that earth is < 10k years old, or that Jesus is an American, I will keep my cool ;)

I started DIY audio stuff when I was 14, building a mono-synth - I needed electronic knowledge to further this persuit, which led to me becoming an electronics engineer when I grew up (some people who know me say that this has not yet happenned..) I am now 47, have more synths than I can fit into my studio and loft, and am still designing more.

I design analogue and digital systems and do realtime coding for microcontrollers in C and ASM - Am employed P/T as consultant designer to a manufacturing company, and the rest of the time I design/build etc for my own clients/customers. I have several patent applications in progress, and my fully analogue polyphonic synthesiser with true additive synthesis will hit the world in about a year.

I also compose play and record my songs and instrumental works - something I would rather do than anything else - but my partner is also an artist, and if we both indulged in our art, we would starve!

I will work on almost any electronic design BUT I do not do 'defence' electronics - I also have a strong left-wing anti-establishment tendancy, and sometimes fellowship with the Quakers.

Hi Pink,
Compared to boards I have visited, you moderators are doing a great job here!
One question - I notice a Euro flag on your posting.. I want one!! - How do I change from a union jack to Euro flag? Since our illegal invasion of Iraq, I am not proud to be British!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.