Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st April 2004, 03:14 AM   #1
FredM is offline FredM  Europe
diyAudio Member

Talking Fanatic? Me?

Hello Folks -
I dont usually do this intro bit - but it makes a real change to find a forum where peeps are pleasant and interesting! - Perhaps thats because I have visited mostly philosophy / religeous / "big issue" sites where folks get real uptight (including me )

Anyone who has frequented such dens of despair would know me as "madasf" (LOL) ! But I have given up all that nonsense - And provided no one tries to tell me that earth is < 10k years old, or that Jesus is an American, I will keep my cool

I started DIY audio stuff when I was 14, building a mono-synth - I needed electronic knowledge to further this persuit, which led to me becoming an electronics engineer when I grew up (some people who know me say that this has not yet happenned..) I am now 47, have more synths than I can fit into my studio and loft, and am still designing more.

I design analogue and digital systems and do realtime coding for microcontrollers in C and ASM - Am employed P/T as consultant designer to a manufacturing company, and the rest of the time I design/build etc for my own clients/customers. I have several patent applications in progress, and my fully analogue polyphonic synthesiser with true additive synthesis will hit the world in about a year.

I also compose play and record my songs and instrumental works - something I would rather do than anything else - but my partner is also an artist, and if we both indulged in our art, we would starve!

I will work on almost any electronic design BUT I do not do 'defence' electronics - I also have a strong left-wing anti-establishment tendancy, and sometimes fellowship with the Quakers.
Old 1st April 2004, 03:41 AM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Fred, and welcome to diyAudio

I'm glad you find our site to your liking, we try hard, (I will leave others to comment on our success ), to keep everything good natured and friendly.
Old 2nd April 2004, 12:27 AM   #3
FredM is offline FredM  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi Pink,
Compared to boards I have visited, you moderators are doing a great job here!
One question - I notice a Euro flag on your posting.. I want one!! - How do I change from a union jack to Euro flag? Since our illegal invasion of Iraq, I am not proud to be British!
Old 2nd April 2004, 11:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks!

Just go to your User Control Panel/ Edit profile, then on the country selection drop down, just pick Europe, and Bobs's a male familial relative

Hide this!Advertise here!