Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

hello
hello
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Filk is offline Filk
diyAudio Member

Default hello

Hi all,

Im a Newbie to diy audio, and found myself here after an afternoons browsing on the subject of using my old (but nice) hifi speakers with a small b/tooth amplifier(2 x 50w). Ebay/amazon and the chinese sites such as banggood and fasttech are full of such ?diy? modules/boards, but a quick google soon turns up lots of problems.. Problems that i would be totally out of my depth in rectifying looking at some of the posts and links that landed me in here.

So I have registered to ask a single (probably no easy answer) Question.

Is there an off the shelf budget/reasonably priced module i can buy and diy with a screwdriver and a suitable psu into a trouble free bluetooth solution using my existing speakers which while old still sound good.

Or would i be better off looking for a low power Btooth receiver and pulling out the old pre and power amp boxes that have been gathering dust with the record deck ?

this is all part of a little home automation project and i want to play music through a Rpi-Zero-W

many thanks in advance for any aid
Old 8th October 2017, 03:56 PM   #2
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

hello
Welcome to the forum.

To answer your questions, you can do either. All the Bluetooth amp modules I have purchased from eBay have been very noisy on the BT section. Not usable for me. The external BT modules have worked much better for me. In the US Amazon has one with their name on it that works great and is very much plug and play. The Logitech and similar are also quite good, but cost more. Don't know what is available on the other side of the pond.

Be sure that if your BT module has a Paring button that you can get to it. You'll need to. Some BT modules power up in Pair mode, so have no button.
Old 8th October 2017, 08:25 PM   #3
Filk is offline Filk
diyAudio Member

Cheers Pano, would this be the logitech device you mention?
Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Wireless Streaming looks like a winner to me, thanks again..
Old 8th October 2017, 08:30 PM   #4
diyAudio Moderator

hello
Yes, that's the one. It's playing in my living room right now.
Amazon has one exactly like it, just a different brand name. I'll check for the name and you can see if it's a better deal in the UK, too. Both have a PAIR button, so be aware of that.
Old 8th October 2017, 08:35 PM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

hello
This one is identical to the Logitech, just another name and cheaper.
Amazon.com: Bluetooth Receiver, Esinkin Wireless Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Stereo Surround System Setup Easily and Perfect Sound Quality: Home Audio & Theater

I like this one, too, for $20 US
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver: Home Audio & Theater
Old 8th October 2017, 09:05 PM   #6
Filk is offline Filk
diyAudio Member

Cheers Pano The logitech device is now on order, while tha amazonBasics version was available in the UK its price is higher than the logitech device..

Im sure you have saved me many hours of head scratching.
Old 8th October 2017, 09:16 PM   #7
diyAudio Moderator

hello
You're welcome! It should all just plug together fine and these units sound pretty good.
Good luck with the project.
Old 8th October 2017, 10:00 PM   #8
HumbleDeer is offline HumbleDeer  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I have the logitech clone myself.

helloHide this!Advertise here!