hello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Im a Newbie to diy audio, and found myself here after an afternoons browsing on the subject of using my old (but nice) hifi speakers with a small b/tooth amplifier(2 x 50w). Ebay/amazon and the chinese sites such as banggood and fasttech are full of such ?diy? modules/boards, but a quick google soon turns up lots of problems.. Problems that i would be totally out of my depth in rectifying looking at some of the posts and links that landed me in here.

So I have registered to ask a single (probably no easy answer) Question.

Is there an off the shelf budget/reasonably priced module i can buy and diy with a screwdriver and a suitable psu into a trouble free bluetooth solution using my existing speakers which while old still sound good.

Or would i be better off looking for a low power Btooth receiver and pulling out the old pre and power amp boxes that have been gathering dust with the record deck ?

this is all part of a little home automation project and i want to play music through a Rpi-Zero-W

many thanks in advance for any aid

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Welcome to the forum.

To answer your questions, you can do either. All the Bluetooth amp modules I have purchased from eBay have been very noisy on the BT section. Not usable for me. The external BT modules have worked much better for me. In the US Amazon has one with their name on it that works great and is very much plug and play. The Logitech and similar are also quite good, but cost more. Don't know what is available on the other side of the pond.

Be sure that if your BT module has a Paring button that you can get to it. You'll need to. Some BT modules power up in Pair mode, so have no button.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, that's the one. It's playing in my living room right now. :)
Amazon has one exactly like it, just a different brand name. I'll check for the name and you can see if it's a better deal in the UK, too. Both have a PAIR button, so be aware of that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.