Belatedly, Hello!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I didn't see this forum until today as I've been spending most of my time in Chip Amps. Let me say now, "Hello" and tell you a bit about myself -

I've been involved in audio gear for 20 years, and after a long hiatus of not building anything, I'm nosing back into it.

My first true love is tube gear but I've done just about everything I wanted to do there and now want to go in another direction. I hear either an LM3875 or LM3886 amp calling me now.

Glad to have found DIYaudio!

speaker

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Speaker, and welcome to diyAudio :)

Chip amps are great fun, and can sound great, but unless you want to keep building iterations of the same design, they can be limiting.

By all means stick in that group, but as Magura stated, have a look around at other forums to see if anything else takes your interest.
Magura said:
Gainclones sound like anything but tubes ;)

And that's a good or bad thing? :D :devilr:

pinkmouse said:
Hi Speaker, and welcome to diyAudio :)

Chip amps are great fun, and can sound great, but unless you want to keep building iterations of the same design, they can be limiting.

By all means stick in that group, but as Magura stated, have a look around at other forums to see if anything else takes your interest.

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different outcome?

:clown:

I've built quite a bit of of tube kit over the years and some SS too before my children were born. I plan on building a couple of GC's with them and they look to be quick to complete. That is key when you are dealing with a short attention span.....mine!

Very glad to be here!

speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.