Greetings and a question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diyAudio.

First of all, many thanks for the awesome content you guys have been posting. Although, I only have a beginner interest in audio, I've been reading and referencing the forum for years and it has been a fantastic resource. My compliments to you all.

Can I get a bit of advice on how I should best post on this forum for my specific need?

I'm a programmer and Maker, and am considering a long-term project that would have me integrating a device like a Raspberry Pi, with a DAC, Arduino and a (pre?) amp into custom built cases. Thinking about vintage, retro, custom designs, or whatever comes to mind that's interesting and a pleasure to own, coupled with a well rounded set of technology for audio and (maybe video) consumption.

I'm looking at this as an opportunity to learn a lot more about audio in general and the electronics theory behind it.

I'm admittedly a bit intimidated by all this, and even more so by my relative lack of knowledge on the subject as compared to the diyAudio community.

Can you guys please advise on where on the forum I would best ask questions about this? To start with I'm looking for general advice that would point me in the right direction to do my own research.

To date, I've tried this on my own a few times, but I always felt like I'm falling down the rabbit hole of audio black magic. :) Would appreciate the guidance of more experienced people to keep me focused on a manageable set of information.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Welcome to diyAudio :)

I think perhaps 'Everything Else' might be the best starting point for general pointers and so on. All the things you mention cover to wide a base to be pigeonholed into a specific forum but that said we can easily move whole threads around if it was felt more appropriately suited elsewhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.