Bonjour, hello and xin chao.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Glad you like my pictures Guy! :) on the size thing, if you are using windows you can use windows paint to resise. resising to something in the 1024 X 768 to 1600 X 1200 size range will generally be good for uploading here.

Programs like irfanview are also a good option for resizing pics (more options than the simple windows paint). Even the software that came with your camera may have a resize option (make sure to resave as a new filename, so as not to overwrite the original) If you have viewnx that came with your coolpix it should have a convert option which allows you to set the size, it can be used with any jpg :)

Tony.

Hi Scott,
you are right about '' guy '' used in many different ways like this :
Are you that guy ?
However, since I am a French speaking person,
guy in French is pronounced: Gui
Just wanted to let you know in case...
But I am sure you knew that already.

Guy 13

Yep, old famous first name : Guy de Maupassant for instance ! Internet say to us it comes from the Middle-Age and Guy was very famous as a student of Saint Fançois d'Assise ! Birth peak in France, guess, guess ? 1947 with near 10 000 babies! However don't know in South Asia !

I have a sino-french friend which has a composit first name with it : Cheng-Guy ! We call him friendly : Guytou (gui 2 pronounced in English !)

welcome, Saigon and Vietnam is very loved in France

Susadai Guy! I live in Cambodia, no diy'ers here that I know of!
I was happy to find this store online in Hanoi. Maybe it will be useful to you...DIYAUDIO.VN
It will help reduce my shipping fees.
Be well and enjoy! Bob
Hi,
thanks for that info on that store in Hanoi.
Most of what I buy in audio, I buy from USA.
I have a few customers (Professional photographers) in Cambodia
and I also being there a few time and everything in photography
and audio is difficult to find, if not impossible.
Many foreighner living in Cambodia come to Saigon (HCMC)
to buy their stuff.

Guy 13

Yep, old famous first name : Guy de Maupassant for instance ! Internet say to us it comes from the Middle-Age and Guy was very famous as a student of Saint Fançois d'Assise ! Birth peak in France, guess, guess ? 1947 with near 10 000 babies! However don't know in South Asia !

I have a sino-french friend which has a composit first name with it : Cheng-Guy ! We call him friendly : Guytou (gui 2 pronounced in English !)

welcome, Saigon and Vietnam is very loved in France

Hi - bonjour Eldam.
Thanks for your comments.

Guy 13

I too buy most from the US. I just started to try the regular Post to reduce cost, we'll see how that goes. Thanks for the info about foreigners going to Saigon. Yes Cambo is an audio/photo wasteland.
So are you saying there are actually some DIY people in Cambodia? I would be shocked!
I too am a semi-pro Photographer! (with relations in New Brunswick/PEI).
Be well Guy. Oh, I'm also a Friday the 13th baby (January) :) We are few and far between...

I too buy most from the US. I just started to try the regular Post to reduce cost, we'll see how that goes. Thanks for the info about foreigners going to Saigon. Yes Cambo is an audio/photo wasteland.
So are you saying there are actually some DIY people in Cambodia? I would be shocked!
I too am a semi-pro Photographer! (with relations in New Brunswick/PEI).
Be well Guy. Oh, I'm also a Friday the 13th baby (January) :) We are few and far between...
Hi Bob,
One time when I bought lots of speakers (Danny) from GR Research I got them shipped via DBSchenker air cargo, expensive, yes, but came to about 15% of the cost of the speakers. I also use friends-relatives coming for vacation to Vietnam and of course, when I go back to Montreal, I bring back as much as I can without avoiding the excess weight surcharge.
Maybe I made a mistake, I wanted t say that professional photographic equipment in Cambodia is difficult to find, I don't know about audiophiles or audio equipment.
I am not a professional photographer, just a semi-professional, but I sell professional photographic equipment, therefore, when I do shooting, I can borrow professional equipment from our business, very convenient, don't have to invest in pro-equipment.
If yo ever get lost and find yourself in Saigon let me know we will meet and talk about our commoun job and hobby.

Guy 13

Hi all,
going back (Temporarely - 3 or 4 months) to my home country Canada
(Montreal to be more precise) on the 26th of this month
to take care of personnal business that cannot be taken care of from planet Vietnam.
I will bring my beloved Grace Mondo Internet table radio and some USB keys with music that I will play via my laptop, but I will buy locally a small computer speaker - sub combo and a Schiit Fulla 2. I cannot live without the music I love.
Guy 13
...and I am not flying United, afrraid to be dragged out of the plane (Ha, ha, ha...) I been using united for 15 years, but this time, it's American Airlines.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.