Greetings from U.S. NorthWest - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2004, 04:37 PM   #1
KYTGuy is offline KYTGuy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Greetings from U.S. NorthWest

Hello there from a newly retired Ships' Engineer, from the forests and bays of the Puget Sound.

I am a 1975 Graduate from the United States Merchant Marine Academy. I have sailed just about everywhere in the Pacific Basin, and a few other places as well.

I have tooo many expensive hobbies, and have not enough money to do any of them justice, but that is how I am.

My interests are: Flying (owned my own plane, a Cessna 182, for ten years), I sew, buy, sell, trade, fly and crash Kites all over the world, Amateur Radio Operator (Callsign KD6RGZ), Have been a SCUBA diver since 1974, I enjoy Auto Racing in most of its forms, especially F1 and Dirt Track (Sprint and Outlaw), Enjoy Shooting Sports (Trap, Skeet, Target, Plinking, Hunting, etc). I play the Flute and the Guitar. I cannot survive without my Music/headphones/player, or my Shortwave radio.

In my youth, I constructed a major part of Heathkits' catalog, and a few Dynakits and Scottkits as well.

I look forward to much fun making my own amplifiers and such to further my music obsession.

All are welcome to e-mail me in discussion of these and many other subjects...I am an expert in none, but like to learn/teach in them all.

Phew, what a blowhard!

Regards,

The Big Ugly Fat.....er.....Fellow
Guy
Old 21st March 2004, 04:58 PM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome, from ex-WA3KHZ, who plays guitar and flute, and flys a Cessna 172.
Old 22nd March 2004, 12:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Greetings from U.S. NorthWest

Quote:
Originally posted by KYTGuy
My interests are: Flying (owned my own plane, a Cessna 182, for ten years).

This is quite a coincidence since most of the guys I know that are in to flying are also in to Hi-Fi (and, or) electronics of some sort. I also fly, -not a 182, but an ultralight. I know, I'm not generally considered to be a "real" pilot by most in the aviation community, in fact, I usually get scowled at by most. That is really a shame considering us fliers are all in it for the same reason/purpose.

Quote:
Enjoy Shooting Sports (Trap, Skeet, Target, Plinking, Hunting, etc). I play the Flute and the Guitar. I cannot survive without my Music/headphones/player, or my Shortwave radio.

This gets even more scary! -Yet another thing that is very much a coincidence, -guns and shooting sports! Most of the guys I know that fly are also in to firearms as well. I have been active in firearms since my Grandad gave me my first rifle when I was 10 years old, -a Winchester model-94 30-30. I currently enjoy shooting pistol (not at a range or anything, just with my other shooting friends at locations far away up in the woods), My main pistol is a Kimber 1911 .45. I also load all of my ammo. It is very interesting that you play the guitar. I absolutely love the guitar, and really wished I would have taken advantage of the free lessons and 12-string I had offered to me when I was six years old. I know, it's never too late, but like most people, time becomes more valuable than money in most cases, -especially when being a single dad.

Quote:
All are welcome to e-mail me in discussion of these and many other subjects...I am an expert in none, but like to learn/teach in them all.
I am also new to this message board, and I even used this reply as an opportunity to do some experimenting with inserting multiple quotes (which I haven't had much success in doing so far). I previewed this one, and I must say, it doesn't look too bad. Just like most things, I eventually end up "getting it" sooner or later!

Rich (just South of you in Oregon)
Old 22nd March 2004, 02:53 AM   #4
tg3 is offline tg3  United States
diyAudio Member

Welcome!

Hide this!Advertise here!