Hello from deepest darkest Wolverhampton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just thought i'd join and have a look round after been told about the site by Bikeral10 who is a good friend of mine.

I have a modest system which i hope to be able to make better with the odd mod or two. I'm having to work mostly with separates that work on both 220-240v 50 & 60hz as i may be moving across the Atlantic and want to take my stereo with me. No probs getting a 240v supply but the 60hz thing would be difficult to get round.

Currently loving using my Sony A6 DAT recorder and looking forward to getting my Mordaunt Short Festival 3 Retro speakers to replace my crappy Mission 702e speakers :D

Most have DC motors.
Off the top of my head I can only think of TTs like Linns or lesser Thorens that are affected.

That and an olde style electric alarm clock I once owned. It was a Braun that ran off the mains. Had a 12hr dial but a 24hr alarm. Oddly enough the main 12hr clock worked absolutely fine but the alarm part ran fast which made using it quite difficult.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.