New Member with Long Term Plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm Deep Root. I'm 25 and have a passion for music. I have a very eclectic taste as all music to me is made for different tones and emotions. I'm very big on aesthetic and the immersion sensory experiences bring us. (I like to make magic) I greatly appreciate your time and I can't wait to learn more and contribute back to the community one day.

What brings me here is not without need. I was, until presently, without any sort of guidance or community to discuss matters of audio and its accompanying technology by which I could learn more about this all important area of my life. I need help tackling a small project at my place of work (Domino's) which began with a desire to just replace one of the ceiling speakers as the foam finally cracked/tore and sounded horrible. We've had issues with the AMP as well, specifically the connectivity it has in the back is damaged somehow and easily cuts out and requires finding a sweet spot. So I'm just looking to replace the amp and speaker at this point to be thorough. Lo, upon looking at the setup, I had a lot of questions, especially regarding the specs I should be looking for to replace it with something slightly better. But the biggest issue is how it's wired up.

HERE are the accompanying photos. I'll return tomorrow to give the specific model of speaker involved at my place of work.

-There are supposedly three total speakers (the dial on the left doesn't appear to put out to anywhere).
-The output from the AMP's 70v goes into one attenuator, then the same signal is kind of daisy chained to the next attenuator, and then the next. Please correct me if I'm wrong here but that doesn't seem right. One would figure each attenuator would get its own output from the AMP, right? I am aware that this would be impossible from the current AMP in question.
-All the wires involved with the speakers and attenuators are 20 gauge, I checked.

================================
That involves this AMP (TOA A-901a),
QUAM QC-10 Attenuator,
older version of the QUAM 8" ceiling speaker. (will get specifics later)
================================

The only thing I've looked up so far is this speaker:
Klipsch R-1650-C In-Ceiling Speaker | ConcealedAudio.com

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.