Greetings from planet Adelaide - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2004, 07:41 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Greetings from planet Adelaide

Greetings and salutations to all you fine people who share 'the passion' (not Mel Gibson's) for all things audio. Adelaide's fair city is in the south of central Australia and I am one of 1 million other souls that bask in a dry Mediteranean climate. The location of my house is 241956208 E and 60918872 S (in radians x 10^8) in case you were panning on navigating here using your hand held GPS receiver.

I have neglected my interest in audio for some years due to other commitments, viz three little ones that make a lot of noise and cost alot of money. However, I am beginning to pick things up again. I have some reasonable old gear, a Mission Cyrus 2 amp I bought whilst I lived in the UK, a Rega Planar 2 with RB300 arm and some B&W DM110 speakers which are the first thing I plan to upgrade - suggestions welcome.

I design electronics (sometimes for a living) and currenly have a project going on the side designing and prototyping a 40W valve power amplifier , a labour of love. I look forward to many an engaging dialog with some of you.
Old 2nd March 2004, 08:53 PM   #2
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Great to see another 'all-round' man here.
Don't get hooked on them tubes for too long and enlighten us with some posts in all forums..
But certainly finish that 40 Watter first.

Welcome to the forum Chris

/Hugo
Old 3rd March 2004, 09:53 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks Hugo. Looking forward to participating in this wonderful site. I know I'll learn lots and hopefully contribute a little back.
Old 3rd March 2004, 10:43 PM   #4
michael is offline michael  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to michael
WOW, another adelaidian. we are a rare breed you know, there are a few others on this forum, Im trying to find as many audelaide diyers as possible as i think that a club or event of some sort should be arranged. If anything email correspondance would be good. i love sharing with other diyers.
regards
Michael lane

btw which direction of the city do you live as i dont have a GPS, im not trying to burgle your tube amp just curious.
Old 3rd March 2004, 10:55 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I suspected there might be a few of us ot there. Good idea about DIY meetings. I'm in the east probably about 15-20 mins from where you are. Plan to keep in touch.

Hide this!Advertise here!