Greetings from planet Adelaide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings and salutations to all you fine people who share 'the passion' (not Mel Gibson's) for all things audio. Adelaide's fair city is in the south of central Australia and I am one of 1 million other souls that bask in a dry Mediteranean climate. The location of my house is 241956208 E and 60918872 S (in radians x 10^8) in case you were panning on navigating here using your hand held GPS receiver.

I have neglected my interest in audio for some years due to other commitments, viz three little ones that make a lot of noise and cost alot of money. However, I am beginning to pick things up again. I have some reasonable old gear, a Mission Cyrus 2 amp I bought whilst I lived in the UK, a Rega Planar 2 with RB300 arm and some B&W DM110 speakers which are the first thing I plan to upgrade - suggestions welcome.

I design electronics (sometimes for a living) and currenly have a project going on the side designing and prototyping a 40W valve power amplifier , a labour of love. I look forward to many an engaging dialog with some of you.

WOW, another adelaidian. we are a rare breed you know, there are a few others on this forum, Im trying to find as many audelaide diyers as possible as i think that a club or event of some sort should be arranged. If anything email correspondance would be good. i love sharing with other diyers.
regards
Michael lane

btw which direction of the city do you live as i dont have a GPS, im not trying to burgle your tube amp just curious.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.