Hello from the uk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks I am new here and thought my first post should be an introduction before I start to pick the collective brain.i have read many posts on the forum and am very impressed with the expertise here. Anyhow as you have probably figured my name is Paul and I live in the uk. My main interests are vintage audio from the 20's through to the 50's. I am an avid collector of Jazz 78 records and run a jazz night in London playing 78 rpm records only. I use a pair of GL 55 Goldring Lenco decks from the mid 50's paired with a Separo EL34 valve amp which has bee. Very reliable over the last 5 years of ownership. I use a pair of high sensitivity speakers and am building a couple of Jim Hagerman's 78 eq's at the moment. I will be asking for help shortly on a 300 watt KT 88 valve amp build as I need schematics and 240 volt mains. I already have a couple of the big Hammond transformers so need it based around that. Any help I can give on the playing and reproduction of old 78's please ask away as I've been at it for years and can give advice freely. I look forward to hearing from you all and hope I can also add to the hive mind Paul.

Have looked for the book. It would seem at $44 from the states after postage and our dreaded import duty I'm going to be hit for well over $100 but will most certainly keep looking. I will look later to see what Hammond transformers I have and maybe someone could get some ideas from there.

TUT3

Hi all so I have been mailing Keith back and forth, the guy that wrote principals of power. What a wonderful guy . Anyway the outcome is I have ordered under his advice TUT3 he has also put a few other circuits in there as well so hopefully 300watt mono here I come.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.