Audio greenhorn hello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello my name is Pat. All my life i have enjoyed tinkering, repairing and restoring many different kinds of items. Cars, Motorcycles, small engines, antiques, etc. One thing that I have never really delved into was audio equipment. Growing up with my deaf/hard of hearing parents we never really had any special type of sound equipment, however i was always curious of the set ups that my friends parents, friends, and roommates have had throughout the years. In college one of the best purchases we ever made was an old record player console. We learned a lot by trial by error, but when I first heard the crisp notes radiate through the room my hairs stood up. :)
Today, I picked up an old Admiral Stereo/Record playing console Chassis No. 12D1 Mod No. Y1031 that someone was getting rid of. Dated June 24th 1959 The piece is beautiful, but has a loud buzz and hum that drowns out the radio and record player. I thought it would be the perfect project for me to learn some technical aspects of the audio world.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.