starting again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi new member today .Found this site while looking for transformers for a hopefully diy project .My history in hifi is too much money and not enough commonsense .Straightened times now and im starting almost from scratch with much less money .I aim to construct a diy kt88 2x mono amps using hi quality ,read nice sounding components .The only parts I have currently are a set of blue tinted kt 88 s and lots of nos 6sn7/6sl7 s.I love deep deep base not necessarily accurate and a warm warm tube sound .
Any advice re sourcing either new or second hand transformers in particular would be most welcome .I have contacted a couple of uk sources and once I start mentioning C cores the prices get a bit daunting .Over the years I have noticed that a power amp with 2 kt 88s or 6550s per channel seem to sound much cleaner than one with typically 4 x such devices .Less perceived power though not by much .I think 40-50 watts per side is more than enough as I run big 15 inch tannoys which seem very efficient
Any advice re sourcing parts for my project would be very welcome .Thankyou .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.