New to the board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm new to the group, so I figured I'd introduce my self. I've been an audiophile for some years now (since about 1980 or so). I've been away from it to some degree until recently, but I'm looking to construct a high quality headphone amp. I recently acquired a pair of AKG K 271's which I love. However, my portable disc player can't quite cope with these puppies, so a few dB's of gain are in order. I have an extensive background in electronics, especially prototype construction, and am quite competent in surface mount construction. And, since I work in an Engineering Lab, I have access to both components and test equipment. Im looking forward to a fun project.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
beerguy0 said:
Hi,

I'm new to the group, so I figured I'd introduce my self. I've been an audiophile for some years now (since about 1980 or so).
Welcome to the forum.
beerguy0 said:
I've been away from it to some degree until recently, but I'm looking to construct a high quality headphone amp. I recently acquired a pair of AKG K 271's which I love. However, my portable disc player can't quite cope with these puppies, so a few dB's of gain are in order. I have an extensive background in electronics, especially prototype construction, and am quite competent in surface mount construction. And, since I work in an Engineering Lab, I have access to both components and test equipment. Im looking forward to a fun project.
Take a look at this neat little project by BrianGT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.