Hey everyone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! My name is Ryan, from MI, but please don't hold that against me. I'm a dedicated diyer in everything I do from automotive to household and yard stuff, even toys.

I picked up a book years ago, about speakers and building subwoofer enclosures. I took that and learned enough to build a few sealed, ported and bandpass enclosures. And they sounded really good, due to the airspace and shape of the boxes matched to the drivers.

Then I stumbled onto this site, and realized I know nothing! I came across the tapped horn designs, and I downloaded hornresp, but I really need a starting point.

Can anyone direct me to a good place to start learning about this stuff? Thanks!

Thank you! I did look at that forum, and I downloaded the wizard, but I need a more basic starting point. For instance, I understand what the theille-small parameters are, and how they affect the response of a regular enclosure. But with the horns, I don't know what taps are, or what any of the variables in that program are, or even where to begin when deciding what freq response or driver size. I've come across other's designs, and I could replicate them, but I want to understand what I'm doing.

I will keep looking though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.