New member, presently in Ohio, hello!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Here is a review of my latest commercial speaker design:
http://6moons.com/audioreviews/walsh/micro.html

Since working with Ohm Acoustics in Brooklyn I have recently moved to the midwest. I'm trying to setup a workshop/lab/factory? ( :p ) in my new garage. So far it has no heat, VERY cold ~ brr... I'll probably continue to work with Ohm on at least one project, but I'm also fiddling with a few designs on my own. I'm hoping to find a few new friends in the area who have similar interests to collaborate with.

Since I no longer have the Ohm factory at my disposal, it's not convienent for me to build my own custom drivers anymore. Though I'll probably setup the equipment I need eventually, for now I'm back in the same boat with most other DIY'ers - using off the shelf drivers.

Thanks to Linkwitz labs website I'll be building my own test mics using the very inexpensive Panasonic capsules I read about there. So far it looks like I won't need a pre-amp to connect the mic to my PC soundcard?

I'm very excited ~ either I wait for warm weather, or run a gas line out to the garage, and setup a heater that vents outside. I'm not inclined to die from too much CO :dead: . I've been seeing such in the news lately. When you get colder than normal weather like this, there tend to be a few unfortunate people who die from using portable heaters and not getting enough oxygen. So, you might want to get a CO meter if you have a heater in your shop that doesn't vent outside...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.