Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I'm new to DIY Audio and thereby starting small. I just want to get some old records going again. I found that I am addicted to the feeling of hearing music through something I corrected or put together! I plan on branching away from kits after I get my little amp and speakers together.

So far, I've rewired and old Pyle Audio turntable (removed the internal pre-amp, new hook-up wire from cartridge to RCA jacks I drilled in the back) and built a BoozHound Labs phono pre-amp (that thing is awesome)... Inbound is a Boxed Kit Amp and a pair of 4" Fostex FF105WK with enclosures.

Like I said, something small to start with... gotta upgrade that Pile O' turntable!
IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Dave;

If you're still interested the enclosures are 3.6l and a vent 35mm Ø x 215.9mm length (that's taking into consideration the material, which I think is 9mm like you guessed)

I've never seen tweaks for the vent length. The only ones I am aware of are damping material on the backplate, duct seal on the frame (which I suspect isn't very effective on small frame drivers like this one) and stuffing the enclosure.

Since I am pretty new to DIY audio, can you recommend any good textbooks or beginners guides? They seem difficult to locate and select...mixed reviews and all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.